Friday, August 17, 2012

Updated Facebook Events & Birthdays Export

Well, as you can probably tell, Facebook updated its interface shortly after I made my how to! So I needed to update my instructions on how to export your Facebook Events to your mobile device or Google calendar! I imagine I may have to do this again in the future with Facebook's frequent updates!

I have quite a few events made and posted on Facebook and I wanted to be able to view my event calendar without logging into Facebook each and every time. I became determined to be able to view the events on my iPhone and/or on my Google calendar.

With the recent Facebook updates, you can now also export your friends' birthdays to your calendar! Never forget another birthday!


So here are the steps I took:
  1. Go to www.facebook.com in your browser
  2. Go to Events
  3. Click on the Options button (the toothed washer item) and then click "Export" 
  4. The "Export Events and Birthdays" popup will appear. Right-click on the "upcoming events" link and choose "Copy Link Address." 
    • For the demo, I will just show how to do upcoming events, however you can do the exact same steps for Birthdays!
  5. Paste the link into an email to yourself so you can keep it for your records.
  6. Open the email on your mobile device and click on the link. 
  7. Follow the steps on your mobile device to subscribe to this calendar. Wah lah! You are now subscribed to your Facebook Events Calendar.
  8. Want to subscribe to your friends' Birthdays too? Follow steps 1-7, just choose "export your friends' birthdays" during step 4 this time!
Want to add the calendar(s) to your Google Calendar? That's simple too!
  1. Open your Google Calendar and find the Other Calendars section.
  2. Click on the drop-down box and choose "Add by URL"
  3. Paste the URL that you emailed yourself earlier into the popup and done! 

Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment