Friday, August 3, 2012

Google Map Sharing

Did you know that you could save locations on a Google Map and then share and collaborate with others?

This works great when you are planning a weekend getaway with friends! I was able to save all our locations to one map, and then send that map over to my girlfriends! That is so much easier then having a list of addresses for everyone to google, or look up in their MAPSCO (does anyone still have one of those?). Also, they could add to and edit the map with me!

Here's how I did it:
  1. Go to https://maps.google.com/
  2. Click on "My Places"
  3. Click on "Create Map"                                     
  4. Name your new map and choose your privacy settings
  5. Click Save
  6. Search for a location that you would like to add to your new map
  7. Once Google has found your location, click on the pin and choose "Save to Map"                                                                 
  8. Choose the Map you would like to save to and click Save
  9. Do this for every location you need to add to your map
  10. Go back to your map by clicking "My Places"
  11. Once viewing your map, click "Collaborate" 
  12. Add Collaborators by their email addresses and send invitations.
This is a great way to plan an event with others! I have certainly enjoyed using it with many organizations since I discovered it. 

Need to send the link of the map to someone but don't want them to have access to edit it? Simple! Just click the link button. I personally love the short URL feature!


Enjoy!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment